As a Senior Underwriter, you will be dedicated to providing underwriting expertise and first class service to our customers, with a proven track of digital insurance platforms and channel partners whilst building and managing a book of business for Loadsure’s Cargo insurance (ocean and inland), Shippers Interest, cargo liability (CMR) and freight forwarder’s legal liability in Europe with a focus on the Benelux region. You will be building, developing and overseeing Loadsure’s cargo products. You will focus on the accurate and timely delivery of work and build and manage relationships within key accounts. You will support setting up a solid governance framework around allocated projects and ensuring a smooth delivery.
You will be highly organised and comfortable building relationships and working with all levels of the firm. Stakeholder management and communication will be vital to the success of the role.
This position requires a self-driven, high-energy, professional who’s passionate about disrupting an industry and wants to be rewarded for their performance and contributions.
We believe that with a growth mindset, tech-first innovation, and focused execution, anything is possible. We value others’ insights and ideas to build a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and lighthearted environment
- Sourcing submissions from assigned trading partners through dedicated marketing and sales techniques
- Growing the broker source usage based business for single shipments and shipper interest clients
- Review and provide clearance on High Value Shipment referrals within your partners and territory
- Clear annual business submissions and perform desk underwriting to review pertinent details of exposures to quote business within your authority and utilising the Loadsure pricing tools
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry in Loadsure portal
- Maintain your book of business by providing timely renewals to brokers and assureds
- Liaising with claims, finance, compliance and engineering etc on matters affecting or relating to to accounts within the portfolio
- Help maintain team standards through supporting other team members in achieving their service/quality levels and targets as required
- Provide weekly reports to the Director of Europe and EVP of product lines outlining production, referrals and booked premiums
- Complete required continued education training as assigned
- Provide a professional service to brokers in person, writing, email and telephone
- Attend client meetings as required and developing distribution networks.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to forge and maintain relationships with clients
- Solutions focused attitude to resolve any challenges
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to provide the client with clear and accurate agendas, status reports and updates on request
- Monitor project deadlines and budgets; identify and communicate potential changes that may be required.
- Prepare materials for client presentations.
- Answer any queries regarding customer policies in a compliant and timely manner
- Generate and provide policy quotes for immediate coverage and short-term needs
- Ability to produce high quality documentation.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior stakeholders.
- The ability to facilitate workshops and meetings. For example, requirements gathering, project boards, technical review sessions or process design workshops.
- Proven ability to influence those outside of their direct reporting line.
- Proven attention to detail/extreme precision about the content of requirements of documents, weekly reports and status updates.
- The ability to work within an unstructured environment and without clear guidance.
- A good knowledge of corporate systems such as CRM etc.
Skills and Qualifications;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience within ocean and inland marine (ideally cargo)
- Bachelors degree and has passed or holds the equivalent FSMA qualification certificate for Insurance Distribution Module 1 - Basic knowledge.
- Native/Fluent in Dutch & English both written and spoken
- Thrive in a remote working environment
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with internal and external senior representatives
- Eagerness and willingness to learn
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills (including grammar)
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing technical environment
- Degree in Maritime Law, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or similar fields
- Known in the Benelux marine insurance market and have contacts at Royale Association Belge des Assureurs Maritimes (ABAM) &/or Rotterdam Maritime Services Community (RMSC)
- Passionate about freight and logistics insurance and have established contacts within the industry.
- Background in fire prevention and structural engineering
- Enthusiastic about emerging technology and insurtech
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We’re a human-centric insurtech startup, and we’re leveraging our proprietary smart technology to disrupt the global cargo and freight insurance market.
Founded in November 2018, we’re taking direct aim at this massive global underinsurance crisis. Committed to agile value delivery, solid engineering principles, and continuous improvement, we’re delivering the instant, dynamic, one-click transactional insurance businesses need through AI and automation.
In short, we’re reinventing how the transportation and supply chain industries manage and mitigate risks—protecting the future growth of businesses and the people who rely on them.
Now, having just closed an 8-figure Series A funding round with prestigious VC investors, we’re rapidly scaling to address broad risk exposure in the just-in-time supply chain and become the next insurtech unicorn.
The way we see it, the opportunities to innovate and create meaningful change are great. How so?
Today, 60-90% of cargo in transit is under or uninsured, creating unsustainable losses for some. The reason: Traditional insurance simply can’t work as fast as the supply chain moves.
Would you like to help drive the digital evolution of the 300-year-old global transportation insurance industry?
Drop us a line. This isn’t just another job, not any other office space. With Loadsure, you’ll have direct access to a strong, supportive, and highly-collaborative community that listens and grows with you. You’ll also enjoy the flexibility of remote working, commensurate pay, equity, and benefits.
Discover your rewarding career.
We believe with a growth mindset, tech-first innovation and focused execution, anything is possible. We value others’ insights and ideas to build a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and lighthearted environment.
Through the use of human-centric technology, we will be a global leader in end-to-end risk management.
We help Assureds understand risk and reduce loss by enabling Brokers to better serve their communities. We’re industry experts, using data and technology to create Insurance. Simplified.
Why work for Loadsure?
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic company stock options
- Remote working with great flexibility
- 25 annual leave days, in addition to our recognised national holidays
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental leave
- Birthday day off
- Subsidised gym/wellbeing membership
- Strong healthcare coverage for employees and their families
- A culture of work-life balance
- A community that gives back
- Engaging and collaborative work environment
- An exciting opportunity to work with a talented team that’s passionate about what they do and believes in their product and people
- Career development opportunities
- Access to corporate travel agents, allowing for discounted flight and hotel rates on personal travel